Account Manager (Central Europe)
Alphen aan den Rijn - 27-11-2018
The PositionAs Account Manager the purpose of your role is to create and retain customer loyalty and preference by establishing rapport with the customer, administering customer‐focused programs, overseeing the resolution of customer concerns and facilitating the delivery of goods or services to the customer. You will work with existing customers in The Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Within this position you will:
- Establish an account program and effective plans per customer to develop both sales and the relationship with the customer to reach the targets;
- Determine the needs, demands and expectations of customers and prospects;
- Signalize the market trends and developments, use and expand your professional network in order to create (new) business and identify possible market opportunities and possible threats;
- Organize and plan the internal and external commercial information streams in an effective and efficient manner;
- Initiate timely actions for the successful delivery of products and services according to customer needs;
- Develop sound relationships with stakeholder;
- Generate leads, follow up on these and close them in with new business;
- Create new business by winning new accounts from the competition and market while introducing new product lines;
- Lead contract negotiations and coordinate contract implementation and performance reviews with customers and internal stakeholders;
- Work closely together with customer service team and inform them regarding customer specific requirements for order handling and quotation, so the organization will meet customer’s expectation;
- Initiate customer reviews, take the lead in actions and manage customer expectation, so they are in line with what the organization can and should deliver;
- Perform other tasks and projects as required to meet the customer and organizational needs;
- Act as a back‐up for other colleagues.
Your ProfileYou have a Bachelor degree or similar level due to work experience within the industry and other professional (business) training. You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in an international environment. You have a good command of English, verbal and written. German language skills are preferred. Your work ethic is strong and you emphasize teamwork. You’ve got a good attendance, are service directed and have a positive attitude. You are familiar with working in project teams. You are very customer focused and result driven. You have the ability to work independent. You are entrepreneurial and have solid persuasion and influencing skills. You have good listening and organizing skills. You are analytical and have the ability to interpret information. You are able to work fulltime and travel abroad 50% of your time.
Our Client offersAn international outside sales role within a challenging and dynamic (international) environment where you can develop yourself depending on your ambitions & interests. The organisation offers good opportunities for training and education. An excellent salary package with a good basic salary, bonus scheme, travel cost allowance, pension scheme and other interesting benefits.
The OrganisationOur Client’s core business is the timely delivery of aircraft parts, when and where their customers need them. As an efficient link between aircraft part manufacturers and the MRO, Airline and OEM market, our Client specializes in a variety of time saving/efficient supply chain solutions to compliment their world class service as an independent distributor. With over 65 years of experience in the aerospace market, our Client means reliable service to customers in more than 100 countries. The organisation has stocking locations and customer service centers located in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Beijing, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Sao Paulo, Singapore and Sydney.