Sales Specialist Direct Tax (software)
Amsterdam - 08-01-2020
The PositionThe primary objective of the Sales Specialist Direct Tax is to generate license and services revenues for Direct Tax and Workflow Management software modules across the Benelux region. The software is designed to provide solutions to multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. The solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management.
The Sales Specialist Direct Tax (SSDT) will be responsible for proactively building and managing a pipeline of new business prospects of Direct Tax, and Workflow modules in the Benelux region. Based on a strong pipeline, the SSDT will move prospects through all stages of the sales process from initial qualification to close. The role will require knowledge of the enterprise sales process focusing on medium and large multinational organizations (Fortune/Global 2000).
- The SSDT will prospect new business with Direct Tax Managers and Directors, Heads of Tax, CFO’s & Financial Controllers, and perform a detailed qualification of leads within the EMEA region to uncover client’s issues.
- The role will also involve periodic attendance at trade shows, representing the organisation professionally and managing the timely follow up of all leads.
- The SSDT will drive the sale, coordinating all pre-sales engagement activities, leading the team sales strategy and directing tactics to win the sale. This will include leading executive presentations, orchestrating team of pre-sales subject matter experts (SME’s), to demonstrate sophisticated software solutions aligned to the prospects business needs, and learning and understanding industry best practice to position themselves and the organisation as a thought leader.
- In addition to working closely with the client, the SSDT will also lead building a Return on Investment case, using the ROI tools available. This will involve leveraging an internal team as well as Big 4 partners in an organised manner, using account planning tools, with clear attention to detail, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- The SSDT will develop a predictable forecast of sale opportunities based on the existing sales process progression metrics and will provide regular sales report updates to sales management.
Your ProfileEssential Skills & Competencies
- Experience in a business to business environment dealing with mid-cap and large Enterprise level clients with annual sales in excess of £1B.
- A successful track record of selling complex software solutions, ideally Tax & Accounting software.
- An understanding of financial accounts.
- A detailed understanding of a solution sales process.
- Relevant and demonstrable previous sales experience in a business to business environment.
- Must be a self starter.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Tenacity and determination to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem Solver with imagination to structure creative solutions in line with client requirements.
- Ability to understand, communicate and demonstrate technical benefits of our tax software solutions.
- Positive attitude and results orientated.
- Detail orientated with ability to write reports with good computer literacy skills.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Fluent in Dutch and English language
Our Client offersYou will join a company that is growing significantly year on year (2019 saw 30% sales growth). You will be given the opportunity to shape the business in your region and will be a key contact for both product and commercial development. The chance to take responsibly for the Benelux market under the strong brand of our Client. The chance to own a key strategic objective for the company. A competitive salary with the ability to earn uncapped commission. All the usual perks, pension, healthcare, car, etc..
The OrganisationOur Client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, our Client works flexibly across boundaries and realizes innovations that help shape industries around the world.
Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. Our Client delivers this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Our Client is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government.